MAINTENANCE WORKER I: This is the entry level classification. This position performs the less complex tasks and more routine duties of the Maintenance Worker classifications.
MAINTENANCE WORKER II: This is the full journey level classification. This position performs the full range of skilled maintenance and repair duties. Maintenance Worker II positions are filled by advancement from the Level I or with applicants that have prior municipal maintenance experience.
JOB FUNCTIONS: You must have the ability to:
· Operate and inspect a variety of powered hand tools and equipment including rollers, dump trucks, skip loaders, jackhammers, air compressors, paint sprayers and tractors; perform general maintenance duties including refueling, adding oil to equipment, & lubricating parts.
· Remove, replace and repair hazards in streets, such as potholes and cracks.
· Break up, repair, mix, form
and finish concrete curbs, gutters, sidewalks and ramps.
· Place traffic control and warning signs; serve as a flag person to control traffic; set up cones, barricades and other safety zone methods as needed.
· Load, transport and unload stone, gravel, asphalt, slurry materials, dirt and a variety of other materials.
· Trim trees using hand powered tools.
· Maintain and install street and traffic signs.
· Clear storm drains, catch basins and culverts.
· Paint parking stalls, crosswalks, curbs, street lines and street markings.
· Maintain accurate logs and records of work performed; prepare appropriate reports and documentation.
· May respond to or direct citizen inquiries and complaints.
· Maintenance Worker II’s respond to on-call emergency situations as required.
· Able to work on evenings and weekends for emergencies.
· Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:Level I: One year experience in the area of repair and street maintenance. Level II: Two years of responsible experience in the area of repair and street maintenance, comparable to a Maintenance Worker I in the City of Chino Hills. Education: Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Level I:Possession of a California Class ‘C’ Driver’s License throughout employment. Level II: Possession of a California Class ‘A’ or ‘B’ Driver’s License. Must maintain throughout employment. Highly preferred: Candidates with a Class ‘A’ or ‘B’ Driver’s license or candidates that are can to obtain a Class ‘A’ or ‘B’ License Driver’s License in order to promote to Maintenance Worker II.
SELECTION PROCESS: The most qualified applicants will be invited to the next phase of the process which may include testing, assessments, and/or an interview. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the information provided on the application is accurate and complete. Selected applicant must pass a medical examination and background which includes a fingerprint clearance.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 5:00 p.m OR upon receipt of the first 100 applications; whichever occurs first.