Are you looking for a career that is fulfilling and provides you with a sense of pride for the work you do? Look no further and join the City of Monrovia! This position will be part of a dynamic team that works together to repair and maintain the City’s water and wastewater services and facilities. We are looking for someone who is motivated, hardworking, and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. If you are intrigued by this opportunity, you should apply now!
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing operational responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Performing maintenance and construction in the installation, chlorination, pressure testing, excavation, and backfilling of new mains, main modifications and abandonments;
• Maintaining pipeline and distribution systems including valves, service taps, large meters, vaults, and fire hydrants;
• Installing traffic barricades to safely route traffic;
• Operating utility lines and assisting with video inspection;
• Hauling and operating equipment such as a jack hammer, front loader, jetting and rodding , trenching machine; and
• Working with a dynamic team towards building a premier organization and community.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the qualifications would be:
High School graduation and one (1) year experience in the maintenance and repair of water and sewer lines, including operation of equipment and machinery. Experience working with diverse groups and ability to exercise cultural sensitivity and awareness is highly desirable.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License and a good driving record. Grade I Water Distribution Certificate. Grade II Water Distribution Certificate highly desirable.