The City of Monrovia is excited to announce that we are recruiting for our next Customer Service Representative! The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for the accurate and timely reading and recording of water meters to facilitate customer billing for residents and businesses in Monrovia. This position will be working with a small, fast-paced, and production-driven team to ensure all meters are in accordance with established standards. This position will also have the opportunity to assist with the City’s initiatives of water conservation efforts. If you are intrigued by this opportunity, you should apply now!
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing operational responsibilities including, but not limited to:
· Read residential and commercial water meters and record reads on routes;
· Report which water meters need testing and investigating possible meter tampering;
· Repair service line fittings such as gate valves, meter connections and angle valves;
· Repair meters in the field by replacing registers and rearranging boxes;
· Respond, resolve, and investigate customer complaints;
· Interact with residents, customers, and the Monrovia community; and
· Assist in the City’s water conservation efforts.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the qualifications would be:
High school graduation and some experience in water meter repair, maintenance and reading. Experience working with diverse groups and ability to exercise cultural sensitivity and awareness is highly desirable.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License and a good driving record. American Red Cross certifications in C.P.R./ First Aid and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Essentials. Possession of a Grade I Water Distribution within one (1) year of appointment. Backflow Certification desirable.