Under the direction of assigned City Administrator, performs a wide variety of highly responsible and complex administrative, analytical and professional functions to assist City departments, actions, events and operations on a variety of assigned projects and programs; develops and undertakes large scale administrative assignments with Citywide impact; recommends and refers essential matters which involve policy decisions, technical questions, and unusual public relations problems to City administrators and management staff; participates in assigned administrative processes, procedures, and programs and provides information and assistance to the public regarding the assigned programs and services; performs other duties as assigned.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Examines, analyzes and implements a variety of data, including municipal policies, procedures, organization, finance and services; prepares reports, recommendations and findings and provides input to program and policy decisions; collects and monitors a variety of reports, analyses, data and information to be utilized for City planning and program development; prepares and presents forecasts of effects of pending legislation, policy and procedure changes; operates a computer.
· Interprets and applies data, policies and procedures, laws, regulations, and City ordinances and explains them to the public; reviews and responds to citizen complaints.
· Plans, prepares and administers new City programs and services; determines program activities; communicates and confers with program and project teams and contractors; establishes schedule and project timelines; monitors performance; records project activity progress and completion; prepares project summary reports and records.
· Prepares reports and summaries relating to various projects and programs for staff, City Council and commissions; prepares complex reports, correspondence, memos and contracts.
· Investigates, interprets, analyzes and prepares recommendations on new or proposed programs, grants and services; gathers data and information from a variety of sources; prepares correspondence, reports, charts and graphs.
· Assists in budget preparation for City departments; prepares budget outlook for planned and assigned programs and projects; analyzes and monitors department expenditures and revenue.
· Administers vendor and project contracts and provides oversight and guidance on tasks for contract staff; assists in the development of contract terms.
· Represents City administrator at assigned regional events and meetings.
· Principles of municipal administration, accounting and auditing, and budget and grants management.
· Related laws, ordinances, and regulations.
· Principles of research, statistical analysis, and report preparation.
· Information and data processing systems/applications.
· Perform complex professional administrative and analytical work requiring sensitivity to issues.
· Interpret and apply related laws, ordinances, and policies.
· Prepare and present reports on a variety of subjects and maintain accurate records.
· Administer contract or grant-funded program activity, directing and monitoring work performed.
· Plan and organize work.
· Provide liaison to other City personnel, other agencies, and the public.
· Direct the work of others involved in related activity.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Deal tactfully and courteously with internal and external customers.
· Understand, explain, and apply laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Operate a computer and utilize a variety of software programs.
· Deal constructively with conflict and develop effective resolutions.
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Monitor budget expenditures.
· Three (3) year of professional administrative, analytic, or budgetary experience, preferably within a municipality or government agency.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration or related field.
License and Certifications
· Possession of a valid State of California Driver's License, Class C.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to use hands to finger, grasp, feel, use repetitive motions in order to operate office equipment.
· Frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
· Lift up to 25 pounds.
· Vision abilities required to perform office machine operations.
· Perform sedentary work.
· Noise levels normal for an office setting.
This position is designated as Non-Exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Complete application materials will be screened in relation to the criteria described in this job announcement. Candidates deemed to be the most highly qualified will be invited to participate in the selection process that may consist of training and experience evaluation and technical oral interview. Applications are available on-line at https://www.cityofsouthelmonte.org/. Applications may be submitted in person, by mail or emailed to email@example.com Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a City application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the application is properly submitted.