Public Works Department
$5,966 – 7,220 per month plus benefits
DEADLINE TO APPLY: September 6, 2019
Under general supervision, supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for street sweeping (in-house and contract services), concrete and asphalt maintenance (in-house and contract services), yard facility maintenance, equipment maintenance and graffiti removal within the Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department; performs administrative tasks, report writing, acts as Public Works Maintenance Superintendent in absences; and performs other related duties as required.
1. Plans, coordinates, supervises, directs, and inspects the work of crews engaged in the patching, construction, paving, and maintenance of streets, storm drains sidewalks, curbs and gutters, right-of-way’s, and street cleaning operations; painting of streets, cross-walks, safety zones, curbs, and parking stalls; maintenance, replacement, and repair of street signs and barricades and coordinates with fleet maintenance operations.
2. Participates in the selection of maintenance staff; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline procedures.
3. Prepares various reports on operations and activities.
4. Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives; establishes schedules and methods for providing street maintenance services; implements policies and procedures.
5. Participates in the preparation and administration of assigned program budget; submits budget recommendations; monitors expenditures. Estimates time and material costs; evaluates and institutes changes in work methods and priorities; assists in the preparation of street maintenance budget and monitors expenditures of allocated funds.
6. Assumes management responsibility for all services and activities of the public works staff.
7. Serves as liaison for street maintenance services with other City departments, divisions, and outside agencies; negotiates and resolves significant and controversial issues.
8. Provides responsible staff assistance to the Public Works Superintendent; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
9. May operate equipment used in street, park, parkway, and tree maintenance work.
10. Assists with the oversight and administration of various contract maintenance services, such as but not limited to concrete repairs, asphalt repairs, traffic striping and markings as well as traffic signals, and street lighting.
11. Makes arrangements with contractors and administers service contracts for jobs not performed by City staff, such as striping of streets; coordinates construction or maintenance work with other divisions; provides assistance with a variety of construction or maintenance activities; and ensures compliance within such contracts.
12. Receives and investigates citizen complaints and requests; determines and ensures appropriate disposition; investigates and reports on matters related to claims made against the City.
13. Works special events after-hours and weekends performing duties such as traffic control, event clean up as well as coordinating tasks with other city departments before, during and after special events.
14. Responds to emergency situations in the City as required.
HOW TO APPLY
A City of San Dimas application must be submitted and may be completed online by visiting the City website at www.sandimasca.gov. Questions may be directed to the Personnel Office at (909) 394-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by September 6, 2019. A resume may be attached to the application, but does not substitute for a completed City application.