DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday November 22, 2019 AT 4:30 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY
A City of San Dimas application must be submitted and may be completed online by visiting the City website at www.sandimasca.gov. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at (909) 394-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than Friday November 22, at 4:30 p.m. A resume may be attached to the application, but does not substitute for a completed City application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages, assesses and oversees the maintenance of City buildings and facilities through the use of a systematic maintenance management plan. Prepares, administers, and monitors the Facilities division budgets; forecasts additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies.
2. Ensures that assigned facilities are in compliance with Federal, State and Local government, health, safety and occupational standards.
3. Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and fees and schedules for services and facilities.
4. Ensures continuous improvement and innovation of facility maintenance and programs by examining best practices, soliciting feedback from staff, collecting data from customers and the community, and reviewing market trends.
5. Prepares, monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of the Facility Maintenance Division’s budget, expenditures and performance metrics. Develops funding request for capital improvement projects as needed to ensure proper facility needs.
6. Attends public meetings and prepares and/or edits a variety of reports for submission to the City Council, Parks and Recreation, and Senior Commission.
7. Assists in the development of Department goals, objectives and performance metrics.
8. Keeps abreast of current technology, trends and changes to regulations in the field of maintenance management.
9. Selects, trains, evaluates, and supervises subordinate personnel. Implements staff development and effective customer service.
10. Coordinates use of facilities with other Parks and Recreation Department sections, City Departments and outside organizations.
11. Maintains records and prepares and presents oral and written reports concerning facilities activities.
12. Manages contract maintenance agreements and ensures compliance with work standards and specifications.
13. Represents the Facilities Division on boards, committees and commissions; meet with commissions, community organizations, outside agencies and the public to discuss Facilities program agendas and community needs.