$5,966 - $7,220 per month
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday February 21, 2020 AT 4:30 p.m.
Supervises, prioritizes, assigns and reviews the work of staff engaged in the maintenance and repairs of City buildings, facilities, and structures. Supervises and coordinates facilities maintenance programs and monitors budget and schedules. Performs related technical and complex work within assigned area of responsibility. Provides supervision, direction and oversight of staff, contracts, and contractors; schedules and inspects work and prepares reports; performs administrative tasks; and performs other related duties as required.
1. Develops, implements and monitors employee work schedules and assignments. Approves overtime and leave requests.
2. Prepares employee performance evaluations. Interprets and applies City policies and procedures. Ensures goals, objectives, and work standards are achieved.
3. Assists the Facilities Manager in budgeting for equipment, materials, supplies, and personnel for Facilities Maintenance Division. Submits budget recommendations; monitors expenditures; evaluates and institutes changes in work methods and priorities.
4. Recommends, implements and monitors preventive maintenance and repair schedules and quality control procedures within assigned area. Allocates resources pursuant to established schedules and priorities.
5. Provides responsible staff assistance to the Facilities Manager; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
6. Estimates time and staffing needs for specific assignments; assists the Facilities Manager in planning and scheduling routine and special work, and projects.
7. Participates in the selection of maintenance staff.
8. Works with employees to correct deficiencies and implements discipline procedures.
9. Trains employees in proper work methods and techniques, safety standards, and use of materials; evaluates and records employee work performance.
10. Plans and schedules work, and prioritizes assignments; delegates tasks and participates in the maintenance, repair, and set-up of City buildings and facilities.
11. Prepares, reviews and maintains various reports and records, including inventory of tools and parts, maintenance instructions and schedules, construction progress reports, and accident reports. Maintains accurate records of time, materials and parts used, and work performed.
12. Serves as liaison for facilities maintenance services with other City departments, divisions, and outside agencies; negotiates and resolves significant and controversial issues.
13. Implements and maintains facilities inspection procedures to ensure the highest standard of maintenance. Reports and keeps records regarding malfunctions and damages and proposes remedies.
14. Coordinates building and facility set-ups and the installation of holiday decorations; schedules seasonal preparation of buildings, and special events.
15. Itemizes materials to be purchased and takes inventory of supplies for reordering purposes.
16. Participates in the development and preparation of assigned project and program budgets. Prepares cost estimates for materials and labor and submits requisitions for equipment, materials, and supplies. Reviews invoices, monitors expenditures, and makes budget recommendations. Obtains quotes, coordinates schedules, and supervises work of independent contractors for special projects, repairs, and equipment.
17. Completes daily activity logs and accident and incident reports.
18. Performs varied plumbing, carpentry, electrical, masonry, painting, and custodial maintenance tasks and performs minor office equipment repairs.
19. Completes pool maintenance, equipment maintenance and building maintenance tasks at the San Dimas Recreation Center.
20. Responds to emergency situations in the City as required.
21. Responds to after hour phone calls from City staff and alarm companies (City issued cell phone).
HOW TO APPLY
A City of San Dimas application must be submitted and may be completed online by visiting the City website www.sandimasca.gov. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at (909) 394-6211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than Friday February 21, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. A resume may be attached to the application, but does not substitute for a completed City application.